Copyright © 2022 Homepanda.in. All rights reserved.
how to clean a top load washing machine
How do you clean a top loading washing machine?
If your clothes come out of the washer smelling less than clean, it’s possible that your washing machine needs to be given a thorough cleaning.
Even though the majority of top-loading washing machines have a self-clean cycle, you may still need to do some additional work in order to remove all of the dirt and grime that has built up.
Getting your top-loading washing machine to smell clean and fresh again can be accomplished by following these steps to clean it.
1. Get started by using a damp cloth to clean the exterior of the washing machine.
It is important to clean the area around the door seal as well as the control panel.
2. After that, fill the empty washing machine with one cup of vinegar, and then run it through a regular cycle while the temperature is set to hot.
Vinegar will assist in the removal of any detergent and fabric softener residue that may be present on the interior of the machine.
3. When the cycle involving the vinegar has finished, empty the washing machine, add one cup of baking soda, and then run it through another regular cycle while the temperature is set to hot.
The baking soda will assist in eliminating any lingering odors that may be present.
4. Finally, use a clean cloth that has been dampened to wipe down the interior of the washing machine.
Make sure that you get into all of the crevices and nooks, including the door seal and the detergent dispenser.
If you follow these instructions, you will have an easier time cleaning your top-loading washing machine and preserving its clean and pleasant odor.
How to clean a top loading washing machine with vinegar?
The following is an easy-to-follow guide that will walk you through using vinegar to clean a top-loading washing machine.
1. Start by washing a load of empty clothes in hot water. Add vinegar to water.
2. Give the machine a few minutes to complete its cycle before pausing it.
Give the mixture of vinegar and water some time to sit, about 30 minutes.
3. After a period of half an hour, you should complete the cycle.
4. After the cycle, wipe down the washing machine with a clean towel.
5. When you’re done using the washing machine, make sure to leave the door open so that it can get some fresh air and help prevent future buildup.
How to clean a top loader washing machine filter?
Your washer takes in water from your tap through the opening on the back.
The water passes down through a hose to fill a small tub inside the drum and then drains back out of the machine into the same tub.
Before it drains, though, all of that water goes through a filter, which is a series of fine screens or meshes.
The purpose of this filter is to trap any debris that may be in the water large chunks of dirt, leaves, and other things you wouldn’t want to wash up with your dirty clothes.
So over time, the filter will build up with all this dirt and collected particles, which could ultimately affect how well your washer works.
When you see that your washer isn’t draining as quickly or when you notice that it’s not cleaning as well as it used to, one of the reasons may be because your filter is blocked with all its collected dirt.
Some top-load washing machines come with an automatic filter-cleaning cycle that’s activated when you run a wash load as usual.
If yours doesn’t have this function, you can manually clean it with this easy method.
Step 1: Get the filter out of the washer and clean it with hot water and soap. This involves removing it from the machine.
Step 2: Rinse with hot water, then shake out excess water.
Step 3: If mildew is present, soak in a vinegar solution made of 2 cups of white vinegar to one gallon of warm water for up to an hour.
Step 4: If mold is present, use an anti-mold spray or a bleach solution made of a half cup bleach to one gallon of warm water.
Step 5: Allow filter to dry completely before reinserting into your washer.
How to clean a top loading washing machine with bleach?
1. Pour one cup of bleach into your washing machine.
2. Set the washing machine to the cycle that is both the longest and the hottest.
3. Keep the door to the washing machine open to allow the fumes from the bleach to escape.
4. Utilize a fresh cloth to thoroughly clean the interior of the washing machine.
5. After the first cycle, run a second one with only water to remove any remaining bleach.
How to clean a top load washing machine drain?
1. For a few minutes, run some hot water through the drain of the washing machine.
2. pour a cup of white vinegar down the washing machine drain
3. pour a cup of baking soda down the washing machine drain
4. use a plunger to loosen any clogs in the washing machine drain
5. contact a professional plumber to clear the washing machine drain
Now that you know how to clean a top load washing machine
, you’ll never have to worry about it being dirty again.
You can even get a fresh-smelling load of laundry every time by following these steps to clean your washing machine.